Wednesday, December 3, 2008

M back !!!

Date - 22nd June 2008

I was back in Mumbai after a 10 month stint at a client site in Indonesia.It actually seemed only a few days ago that I could see my family (and my loved one )eagerly waiting for me to meet them for one last time (of course for the next few months)as I stood there in the line for baggage check.I , in the heat of the moment was overburdened with completing all the rituals that one has to while embarking on a plane journey ; and this being the first one for me I was understandably in a hyper active mood.But thats the way I am.It so happened that this tension(!!!) in my mind robbed me of the true pleasure that one has when travelling by an airplane for the first time in their lives.Maybe that was due to the fact that I was travelling alone and I wanted to ensure that my ship(oh sory my aircraft) sailed through smoothly. Although one revelation that I would like to make at his point in time is that I am the kind of person who never goes overboard in expressing his emotions.Be it meeting his dad , uncle and brother at the airport after what seemed to be an eternity or getting that first job.That does not in any way mean that I was not happy to be back amongst my people.It was just that I did not feel that breath of new air or the change that I was expecting or maybe I had got used to changes.As i was to hear it later from my mom ,I had evolved as a person.
I was surprised by the absence of my aunty and my dear mom at the airport."They are waiting at home with aarti and your favourite chole-puri to welcome you , son" said my dad.
It felt great.The next couple of days were spent distributing gifts ; yes and I had quite a few of them.Had to go to office for the forex settlement and also for application of a leave.As usual my boss (like every bloody boss on this planet ; infact he had taken the game a few steps ahead, more on this later)started his "taandav" .Citing project work and a host of others reasons, he agreed for a "gracious" leave of 10 days.Before I could realise , my honeymoon period was over.It was back to business and back to Loans.

2 comments:

Pranav Gandhi said...

Well, 10 days leave is too much for Indian service vendor! :)

Jimit said...

10 day leave is too much but not atleast not after a 10 month exhaustive stint... ;-)