Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Done with the exam season !!!

Its been quite a time since I put up a post.Been occupied with my exams and certain other activities that include book-reading , job-searching et al . Apart from that not much to mention .......its not easy living the life of a NINJA u see....(No Income , Job ,Asset)...I never thought this term - which has been originally coined for all those reckless homeowners in the US of A who went overboard assuming the housing boom to continue forever - will have applications for my life too...But thats how it is ....In my quest for a finance job I let go of what some would call a "mast job" and all the "foren" opportunities that it brought alongwith it ....and now after a period of 5 months and an equal no of MBA exams :-) ....I find myself without a job and without a call for an MBA interview....At the risk of sounding philosophical I would like to tell you that I was at peace during this period ....not bcose I was within the confines of my home eating nice " maa ke haath ka khana" and all(point to be noted though.....I did put in efforts for my exams :-) ) but bcose I got a chance to get myself off the boring work that I had been doing for the past two years...In retrospect , my onsite opportunity was indeed a god-sent one ...It couldnt have been at a better time for me ...Thank you Almighty , I bow before you...But Its back to square one for me ...Searching for a new job etc...and that too a tech job...kya kare yaar...majboori ka naam - IT job...but I still have my CET result to bank upon...well lets see how things pan out after the 26th March when they are out...till then I hope too be back in the plush environs of an IT comp(!!!!)...yes see how things have changed from Sept last year (my last day@iflex) :-D ....The Recession has had it on me now...While all this is going on in my mind , I have managed to read a couple of very good books namely "Stay Hungry Stay Foolish" , "India Unbound" and "The White Tiger"....They say people read a lot during a recessionary period...true to some extent...the jobless looking for some constructive ways to spend time and those with jobs looking for ways to save their asses (just in case the boss gives them an unexpected "pink" gift) and their are some who read just to enliven their spirits in the so called "gloom n doom scenario"...No marks for guessing that I belong to the first category and I still have two more to read "The Maximum City" and "The Autobiography of Muhammad Yunus" ....I must tell you that I have got addicted to books in the past couple of months ...I always make it a point to carry a book wherever I go and make it a point to grab every opportunity to read that I come across...be it waiting at the busstop (NINJA u see...) or waiting for the local or even in the cramped spaces of the local I find a cosy corner or if that is not the case I still manage some pages amid the jostling ....One more thing that I have been up to is I think a lot about starting up a venture...imagine .. a NINJA thinking of startng up a venture , i dnt know what it wud be in , how wud it be and from where the hell am i going to secure capital towards that end and a plethora of other issues that an entrepreneur has to think about...u can blame it on my joblessness or it is wat we people call the "Garvi Gujarat" DNA...I am particularly inspired by "Stay Hungry Stay Foolish" - the book about 25 IIM-A grads venturing out on their own...of couurse they always had the IIM-A tag to fall back on ...but it is not reason enough to not start something on our own if you really intend to ...You will see it someday...I promise ...I will definitely include the reference to this blog when I sit down to pen the success story of my life...for now its all "monster" and "naukri"...

1 comment:

Bhoomika Gandhi said...

Wah Bhai ...ekdum sahi hai...ekdum professional writer jaisa...ek vaar mate lagyu jaane Chetan Bhagat jeva koi young author ni novel no page vanchu chu...very nice bhai...i am proud of u...ane Raghu Leela sivay kyan kyan faryo che with "her"...a kehvanu baki han ne?...hehehe...